Sister Madeleine Hamilton, SSJ x1109
Mrs. Michele V. Purcell x1110
Director of Guidance
Ms. Rachel Daly, CORA Program x1171
Mrs. Kate Barker, CORA Program x1171
Autumn Donahue x1178
Mrs. Michele Purcell
Brother Jim Williams, OSFS
Sister Mary Jude
Brother Jim Williams, OSFS: “Live Today Well” Program x1125
Students all grades; Sophomore Interviews
Mr. Timothy Barnes x1180
Naviance LinkYOUVISITCOLLEGE.COMFOR COLLEGE APPLICATIONS, STUDENT SURVEY AND RESUME FOR TEACHER LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATIONSTEP BY STEP GUIDE TO APPLYING TO COLLEGEAND REQUESTING TRANSCRIPTS AND RECOMMENDATIONS
1. If you are applying to more than one college that accepts the Common Application (i.e. Drexel, LaSalle, St. Joe’s, Temple, etc.) you should consider using this to apply.
a. Go to www.CommonApp.org. to create a Common Application account. b. Write down your Email and Password—you will need it for the Naviance system. c. Complete the Common Application Profile making sure to complete the FERPA waiver. d. Students can apply to any Common Application college through this account. A list of colleges that accept the Common Application is on the website. e. Mrs. Purcell will be holding a Common App Review & Help Forum on Thursdays during 8th period & after school. You must make an appointment in advance!
2. Log into your Naviance account.
a. In Naviance, open Colleges tab and “Colleges I’m Applying to” section.
b. Go to the blue box that says “Common App Account Matching”
c. Put in your Common Application Email Address and Birth Date and click on “Match.”
3. Transcript Requests
a. In Naviance, go to the Colleges tab and “Colleges I’m Applying To”.
b. Enter each college for which you are requesting a transcript.
c. Come to the Guidance Office to complete a Transcript Release Form and related paperwork . There is a one-time $4.00 fee for each school to which you are applying.
d. If there is a little postage stamp next to a college’s name on your “Colleges I’m Thinking About” list then you will also need to complete an envelope with the college’s address. The Guidance Office will provide an 8 x 12 envelope and stamps.
4. Teacher Recommendations:
a. First, go to your Naviance account and click on the “About Me” tab
b. Click on “Survey To Receive Teacher Recommendations” on the left hand side and answer all questions.
i. You should also click on “Resume” under “Interesting things about me” and complete
ii. Teachers will be able to view both your survey and your resume , and this will help them write your recommendations.
iii. AFTER you have completed your survey & resume, go to “Teacher Recommendations” under “Colleges I’m Applying To” & select the teachers you would like to ask .
c. Although it says “optional,” you must still write a personal note to the teacher. Remind them that your survey & resume are in your Naviance account. A note like this, or something similar, is appropriate: “Dear Mr. ____, Can you please write me a letter of recommendation? My resume & survey are in my Naviance account. Thank you very much! Your name”
If you receive a recommendation from a moderator, coach, employer etc. outside the school, you should print out the resume & survey that you completed on Naviance and give this to them. Bring their completed letter to the Guidance Office, or give them a stamped addressed envelope so they can mail it to us. We will upload their letter into your Naviance account.
5. NCAA Clearinghouse : (For Division I and II Athletes Only) Go to NCAA website – www.eligibilitycenter.org. Follow the directions for requesting a high school transcript from Father Judge. You will have to create a Docufide Account which will be explained to you on the website. If you transferred from another high school, you must also request your transcript from that school. Be sure to come to the Guidance Office and complete a Transcript Release Form (there is no fee for this) so that we can send your transcript.Important :
- STUDENTS MUST COMPLETE THE APPLICATION ON THE PARTICULAR COLLEGE’S
- WEBSITE OR ON THE COMMON APPLICATION WEBSITE BEFORE REQUESTING A TRANSCRIPT. AFTER CLICKING “SUBMIT,” COME TO GUIDANCE TO COMPLETE THE ADDITIONAL PAPERWORK.
- NO TRANSCRIPTS CAN BE SENT UNLESS STUDENTS COMPLETE THE PAPERWORK AND PAY THE $4 PER SCHOOL FEE.
- WE WILL SEND YOUR SAT SCORES ON YOUR TRANSCRIPT, BUT THIS WILL BE DONE QUICKER IF YOU REQUEST THEM TO BE SENT TO YOUR TOP CHOICE SCHOOLS WHEN YOU REGISTER FOR THE SATS. YOU CAN DO FOUR SCHOOLS FOR FREE. ANY SCHOOL OR AGENCY THAT REQUIRES SAT SCORES BE SENT THROUGH COLLEGEBOARD, LIKE PENN STATE & THE NCAA (SPORTS) CLEARINGHOUSE, SHOULD DEFINITELY BE SENT FOR FREE AT THE TIME YOU REGISTER. DO NOT PAY TO HAVE SCORES SENT IF YOU DO NOT NEED TO!
- REMEMBER THAT ADDITIONAL SCHOOLS (I.E. TEMPLE, ST. JOE’S) HAVE GONE SAT OPTIONAL, BUT IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO LET THE COLLEGE KNOW WHETHER OR NOT YOU WANT YOUR SCORES TO BE CONSIDERED.
- PLEASE ALLOW AT LEAST 7-14 SCHOOL DAYS FROM THE TIME YOUR PAPERWORK IS COMPLETED FOR TRANSCRIPT REQUESTS, COUNSELOR, AND TEACHER RECOMMENDATIONS TO BE SENT. THIS MEANS WATCH YOUR DEADLINES!