The mission of the Father Brisson Center for Academic Excellence is to provide equal opportunities for Catholic education to students of different educational ability levels.
All students may access the resources of the Brisson Center whenever they may need additional supports in their academics. Students who need more intensive supports or who are experiencing learning difficulties may apply to become a program participant. Through full program participation, students are provided with the strategies to overcome any learning challenges thus creating a successful academic experience.
This program was created to unite the efforts of the student, with those of the teachers and parents, to provide the best possible academic environment for success. Unlike most schools with similar programs, the Brisson Center is at NO ADDITIONAL COST to your tuition.
For all students at Father Judge
For program participants
- Access to the Brisson Center and it’s faculty who will work with students to provide academic supports and help students achieve their academic goals.
- After-school study sessions (Monday-Thursday)
- Testing accommodations for students who may qualify (For example: extended test time, alternate test taking strategies, or an alternative testing environment).
- Free tutoring when needed
- Alternative setting for completing assignments
- Daily access to the Brisson Center and it’s faculty who will directly work with each student to help them reach their academic goals and
- Daily access to the Brisson Center faculty who will meet directly with each student on a regular basis to ensure that they are reaching their self-established goals.
- Assigned to Enrichment class in the Fr. Brisson Center instead of a traditional study hall
- Participation in Enrichment: a more structured study hall setting that provides academic supports on Monday- Wednesday- Friday
- Participation in Study Skills (i.e. Learning Strategies) on Tuesday -Thursday
- Evaluation of academic behaviors and/or skills
- Testing accommodations (For example: extended test time, alternate test taking strategies, or an alternative testing environment).
- Goal setting
- Furthering support for students in the Knight's Program
*Note: The Brisson Center provides accommodations, not modifications, to lessons for those who qualify.
For information please contact:
Mrs. Diane Lieber Campbell, MEd
Director - Fr. Brisson Center
Sr. Francis Tierney, MSBT
Assistant to the Director - Fr. Brisson Center
Father Judge High School
3301 Solly Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19136-2396
Phone: 215.338.9494 x 1163